It’s official, iWeb have achieved Gold Solution Partner status with Akeneo PIM! In just 12 months since achieving Bronze status and 2 months after we received our Silver status, we are now one of the highest ranked Akeneo partners in the UK. Through Akeneo, we help retailers big and small to deliver the most relevant product content – at the right time, in the right place.
What Is PIM?
Product Information Management (PIM) systems are the central hub of all product information. The Akeneo PIM is designed to help retailers get the answers to their multichannel needs. All of this is done through a centralised and streamlined product data management system.
What kind of data is in a PIM?
- Technical Data – This includes product specifications, measures, ingredients and similar. For example, the measurements of a table (200 cm x 100 cm).
- Usage Data – This includes descriptions, how-tos and where-used information. For example, a product description of a t-shirt or a how-to guide to set up a TV.
- Emotional Data – This includes product stories and rich descriptions. For example, highlighting how a makeup product is cruelty-free gives prospective buyers more of a reason to buy the product because of their sympathy towards animals suffering.
- Media Files – This includes images, PDFs and video content. For example, an image of a lamp on an online furniture store.
Why use a PIM?
- PIMs can help to establish one source of truth for product information which helps to eliminate errors in data and centralise where it’s kept for both safe-keeping and organisational purposes.
- They can help to streamline the onboarding process for suppliers and data providers. This means that each process takes a certain number of steps and has specific actions to be completed, ensuring they are in fact complete so that no information is missed or other errors are made.
- PIMS improve the quality and consistency of product data across all channels including social media, on-site, off-site, in email marketing and more.
- They also deliver a compelling product experience to drive great, more enjoyable customer experiences.
Who needs a PIM?
- Those who seek to deliver a consistent omnichannel product experience: marketers and sales advisors.
- Businesses who want to strengthen relationships with suppliers: B2C and B2B retailers and other brands.
- People who understand the impact of product data quality on online sales: eCommerce managers and customer service assistants.
- Those who want to track and meet compliance needs: Data Governance teams, Data Analysts and companies that must work to GDPR stands.
We currently have some great Akeneo projects in the pipeline which we’re hoping will generate more success for our clients. All by boosting their sales conversions, making product management more effective and giving their customers greater shopping experiences.
Interested in Akeneo PIM? Drop us a line or use the enquiry form below to find out how we can help, we’re always happy to talk.