The Reference Entities feature is only available on the Akeneo Enterprise Edition and is all about delivering better product experiences.
According to Akeneo, Reference Entities helps to provide better product experiences by managing related entity information alongside your products to create more complete product page.
What is a reference entity?
A reference entity lets you create and enrich common information that are shared and related to products. Reference entities have their own attributes and life cycle which can be linked to products or other reference entities. This allows for enrichment of common data related to products with rich content such as images and text.
How to create a reference entity
Create your first entity using our video and steps below!
To create a reference entity, follow these steps:
- Go to the entities menu
- Click ‘Create’
- Add the label of the reference entity in the current catalog locale
- A unique code will be automatically generated using the label
- Click ‘Save’ or press enter to create the reference entity
What are the advantages of reference entities?
- Reference entities can be used to categorise products, and can then be used to reference them. This speeds up the process of accessing products in the application.
- Setting user rights makes it easy to manage ho different members of a team can interact with reference entities.
If you would like to learn more about the Akeneo enterprise features, take a look at our ‘9 Key Features of Akeneo Enterprise Edition”blog.
As Akeneo PIM partners, we can help you consolidate all of your data into one easy to use solution. Better product information means more purchases and fewer returns.
Contact us today for a consultation on how Akeneo PIM can help overhaul your product management.